After completing the training course, staff should be able to:-
- Establish from Care Home records which medicines are prescribed for a person at a specific time of the day.
- Select the correct medicine from a labelled container usually monitored dosage systems (MDS) and compliance aids.
- Measure a dose of liquid medicine.
Apply a medicated cream (ointment, insert drops to the ear, nose or eye and administer inhaled medicines)
- Record when a person has had the medicine or the reason for not administering it.
Know what to do if a person refuses to take a medicine.
- Know who to inform if a medicine error occurs.
Know who to inform is a person becomes unwell after taking his/her medicines