- Immediately record on the MAR Chart which medication has been administered or declined.
- If the medication has not been administered this should be recorded on the MAR Chart using the correct codes.
- If a PRN medication has been offered but is not required, there is no need to make any entry on the MAR Chart.
- It is the responsibility of the person administering the medication to ensure that the information has been entered onto the MAR Chart correctly.
- All declined medication must be stored safely inside the trolley until the end of the medicine round.
- All medication must be disposed of following CQC guidelines, with special consideration for controlled drugs.